Shop review: The Daughter Who Sews on Etsy

Hello ghouls! How are you doing?

As I told you on my last post, I'm planning to introduce on this blogs other subjects besides crafts, which, to be sincere, I haven't been working on. This is my first shop review, so I'll try to do my best. First of all, I'd like to say that this review is based on my personal opinion and that I didn't recive any item as a present to make this review.

As you may know, I'm always trying to make a bigger wardrobe for my ghouls and lately I've been lurking on some Etsy stores. I found The Daughter Who Sews on Etsy because of another doll collector and I have to say that I love their shop. Seriously, you should visit their store and check out their goods, they've got a wide variety of dolls sizes and designs.

I have to say that this is the first thing that I've bought on Etsy and has been an overall good experience. I find it's a safe place if you want to buy handmade goods. I wanted to buy just a couple of stockings to see if I liked them, but when I proceed to pay, I found that the shipping to Spain was quite high, so I ordered a third item.

I made my purchase on June the 22nd, and it arrived to Spain July the 2nd. Unfortunately, that day I departured on holiday for a whole week and couldn't open it until I came back. It came in a small post ofice bag and each pair of stockings came in its individual plastic bag, which I found it was a nice detail.

Now let's start with the stockings: For Clawdeen, I chose a pair of purple stockings to match her signature colour. In fact, this was the last item that I added to my cart, but as I was tired of always seeing Clawdeen with the same look, I thought it would be a good idea to buy her some new garments.

Clawdeen Wolf the daughter who sews stockings


the daughter who sews purple stockings


Clawdeen purple stockings the daughter who sews

I also wanted a piece of basic clothing that could be used for any ghoul, so I chose this black fishnet stockings. I am concerned that this type of material can be damaged if you change her shoes very often, so they have to be handled with care. Truth is that I think that  this ones look really good on Frankie, don't you think so?


The last item are this hot pink chain stockings. Originally, I ordered them for Draculaura and Howleen, but when they arrived, I didn't feel like undressing Lala, so I tried them on Spectra. It was a little bit hard to photograph her, as her white skin bounces the ligh and I couldn't get a good detail on the stockings, but I can tell you that they look really good.

Spectra The daughter who sews stockings

Spectra The daugher who sews pink stockings

Out of curiosity, I asked her if I could order any item for other dolls in Monster High size, and she said that yes, but she recomended me to ask her first, as some styles may not fit every doll. 

In general terms, I can say that I had a good experience with The Daughter Who Sews. The quality of the clothes is really good, much better that some original Monster High outfits, and it's a great addition to any ghoul closet. The prices are proportionall to the quality of the goods and they will arrive quite quickly. The worst thing in my opinion was the shipping, but I'm afraid that's the price the postal service sets. I would really recomend this shop to anyone willing to give an extra touch to their dolls closets.

Blog to you soon ASAP.

MC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Tagged: Liebster Award