Mini Review: Funko Rock Candy Barbie & Batgirl

When I started this blog, I only had a couple of Monster High dolls,  and my plan was to build a Monster High themed doll house and use this blog as a journal. However, things changed, I found a new job and I started University, so the doll house project was pretty much off the table. My Monster High collection expanded, I found interest in other type of dolls and I started doing reviews. For a while now I've been interested in those Funko figures, so this year Mr. Monster and I have decided to collect them. 

Funko Rock Candy Barbie Swimsuit Classic Batgirl

Don't worry, I'm still planning to focus my collection (and this blog) mainly in dolls, but since one of the figures Mr. Monster got me for Christmas is a Barbie Funko, I think I could do a quick review on them.

Let's start with Barbie. This Funko is based on the first Barbie released in 1959, so on the lower parti of the box you can read 1959.

Barbie Funko Rock Candy review

One one of the sides, you can see pictures of some vintage Barbie dolls. 




On the back of the box, we can see a picture of the original 1959 Barbie doll and the other dolls included in the line.


Out of the box, she's just about 10-12 cm tall. This type of figures aren't articulated, so they can't do different poses. Here are some pics.

Barbie Funko Rock Candy swimsuit monster crafts review

Barbie Rock Candy Funko 1959 swimsuit review

 She might not be articulated, but she looks like she's posing.  



Now it's time for Batgirl. This Batgirl is the "Classic Batgirl", the other Batgirl in this collection is the "Modern Batgirl" and she wears a darker outfit. The front of Batgirl's box is not that different from Barbie's.


On the side of the box, you can see other figures featured in this line.



On the back of the box, there's a large photo of the figure and the other figures included in this line. The frame has some DC Girls illustrations.


Classic Batgirl Funko Rock Candy Box review

For those of you who don't know it, Batgirl's real name is Barbara, so it's just a coincidence that both girls are actually called Barbara. Here are some pics of Barbara/Batgirl.





 I think that, overall, this figures are nice, even though they're smaller than I expected. They're unexpensive and don't take much space, so I think it's a great thing to collect. I know that many people that read this blog aren't into this type of figures, but I just wanted to share it with you anyway.


So what do you guys think about the Funko figures? Do you collect other things besides dolls?

M.C.

Comments

  1. Lovely review! They seem to stand up very well on their own. I really love classic Batgirl...she's adorable!! I definitely want to try to find her. I've also thought about collecting a few of the Barbie ones. I love that you can just display them nicely on a shelf. They are so cute and thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrah Lily! Thanks, I'm glad you like the review. Mr. Monster found this ones on Amazon, but some comic stores or video game stores carry them aswell. Barbie is a little bit more unestable than Batgirl, but they balance quite well.
      Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. I love these! I saw a whole bunch at Barnes and Noble and they look very cute. I appreciate that their figures aren't super slender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff! No, in fact Barbie has some curvy hips. They're super cute, aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Hi Kristina! I found the bases after I posted this review, so that's why I didn't mention. Those are real bargains, you are very lucky.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy