Thursday, 2 May 2013

Coffin Bean dissaster

As you may know,I've been working on my Coffin Bean printables. I designed some boxes, based on a patter I found at printmini.com and truth is that I don't really like them. I made a test first on average paper and then I fixed the mistakes I found on the design. This morning  I've  printed them on card paper and I've found that something doesn't work well. Here's a photo.
The tap doesn't close properly on the smaller one and on the bigger one I glued something that wasn't supposed to be glued and now I have to close it with the tap outside the box (but truth is that I don't dislike that).

I'll try to find more patterns for boxes and I'll redesing them. At least, they've got the right sice and fit well inside the bags
I'm not very happy with the result, but I know that I have to learn from my mistakes. Please, tell me what you think so far.

See you on my next post

4 comments:

  1. Looks good from here...great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My partner also says that they look pretty good, but sometimes I can be really perfectionist.
      By the way, good luck with the doll house contest!

      Delete
  2. Oh I think you are definitely on the right track! You'd think making boxes would be easy, but it's not as easy as it seems! I look forward to seeing more of your work and checking out the rest of your blog! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, some parts were so tiny that gluing them was a nightmare (and I had already made them bigger thant they were on the original design).
      Maybe I don't need to re-do them completely, just change some parts (like the tap, for instance). Regardless of that, we've found a wonderful packaging book and I think I'm gonna take some ideas from there.
      Thanks for your encouraging comment. I'm also looking foward to see you're new posts on your blog

      Delete