Sewing my first garment: basic tank top

If you've been following me for a while, you've probably heard me saying that I want to learn how to sew, but it never happened. Earlier this year, I made some progress towards it by sewing a handful of pillows for my dolls, which helped me practice some hand stitching. But finally, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go for it and make a basic t-shirt.  My motivation to start sewing is not "This looks like a fun hobby", but rather "I need doll clothes and I don't like what Mattel is offering. Learning how to sew could solve that". I keep postponing sewing, probably because of my lack of confidence in my sewing skills (or simply lack of confidence, period). But I had to talk myself out of it, because the only way you can learn to do something is by actually doing it. It can go wrong, but I need to keep in mind that it is normal when you start something new.  This post isn't meant to teach anyone how to sew, but rather me sharing my learning journey. 

How to: doll-size hardwood floor

Even since I started making these "Mix and match" backgrounds , I've been using the same plain white floor in most of my photos. For the longest time, I've been wanting to make a new floor design that would add some texture to my scenes. Thanks to a combination of getting side-tracked with other projects and me working at such a slow pace, I never got around it. But, in early September, the stars aligned, and I started making this hardwood floor. Originally, I was planning on making a marble effect floor, but since fall was around the corner, I thought this could be more suitable for fall-themed photos. As per usual, this post was meant to come out a bit earlier, but right after I published my last post I got a really bad week of migraines.  For this craft you will need: A plywood board or any cheap wooden board that holds glue well. Popsicle sticks. Roughly, you will use at least 200.  White glue.  Pruning scissors. Stain or paint (optional). I am using this board t

Upcycling again: transforming more tea boxes into doll-size shelves

Back in 2019, I wrote a blog post in which I transformed a tea box into a doll size shelf/bookcase to use as a prop for my doll scenes and dioramas. It was a pretty simple, yet effective idea that I wanted to keep exploring, but never did. In fact, by the time I published the post, I got two other boxes that have been sitting around in my doll room for about two years. Since I didn't have anything planned out next for the blog, I thought now could be a great time to give it a go.  On this post, I'm going to make two designs. The first one is the same I did in the original Upcycling post  but in a different color, so I'm not going to get into much detail with that one. The second one is a taller one that I will explain a bit better, even though the technique is basically the same. As I did mention in the original post, I got this idea from Bonequea, a Spanish doll collector. As I mentioned, the first design is the same box I did in my original post, except that this time I&#