'Tis the season

It's that time of the year again! Can you believe how fast 2022 has gone? It doesn't feel real to me, as I seem to still be trying to process 2021. But turns out it is, indeed, real, and Christmas has arrived. 

To celebrate the Holiday season, I like to do a Holiday themed photoshoot with my dolls. I've been doing this for the past 4 years, so I think it's safe to say it's already a tradition on this blog. Due to how busy I've been with school, this year I haven't had much time to prepare this, but, as soon as I took the last exam, I started prepping my mini Christmas tree and decor. 


For this photoshoot, I took my Sea glass wall and the mini tree I've been using every year and set up a quick scene. The tree is part of my usual Christmas decor, so that's why it always has the same blue ornaments, since my house is painted blue. But this year, I wanted to add more ornaments, so I got the same ornaments, but in copper, so I mixed the two. I'm not crazy about the combo, but the blue ones by themselves looked quite dull.

It's quite tricky to take photos with this tree. While it's small for human-size (40 cm), it does look huge in doll-scale. It's quite wide, and it takes most of the space of the scene, so I have to move it around for each photo. I've been trying to find a smaller one, but with no luck yet. 


One thing I did manage to make was this gift Tate is holding. I just took an empty sticky tape box and wrapped it with some gift paper leftovers that we had lying around. I would have loved to make more, but time wasn't on my side. Mr. Monster says that, since the box is so big, the dolls might have gotten a PS5 or something like that. 


Since I have a bit more spare time during Christmas break, I want to start working on some projects for 2023. For a while, I've been wanting to make a semi-permanent diorama to fit inside my Billy bookcases, so when I feel like taking quick photos I will already have a scene ready. I don't think I will be able to finish this in two weeks, but at least prep the bookcase and cut and prime the walls would be a nice start. 


Hope you're all doing well. Wish you all a very happy holiday season with your loved ones. Thank you so much for your continuous love and support on this blog and other platforms you might follow me. I really do appreciate it and I hope I can still see you around for 2023.

See you soon. 

Monster Crafts

Comments

  1. You have some very festive pictures here! I hope you get some good crafting time in. Feliz Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I'm quite happy with the results I got. I too hope I can get some craft time. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Linda. When I use it for photos, I don't decorate the back part and fold up some of the branches, so it will be closer to the wall. My Christmas was fine, lots of yummy food. Hope your Christmas was nice and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your festive post MC and look forward to seeing projects for 2023. Happy New Year!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still amazed that the year 2022 is all over and a new one is here. 2023. Filled with wishes and hopes! Love the festive photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina! I hope your 2023 is great and filled with health and creativity

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

The return of Monster High

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

How to make a doll TV that "works"