Life update

Well, before I even realized it, we're halfway through April. It's been almost a month since my latest blog post, where I mentioned I might not be able to post so regularly. But a few things have happened since then and, even though I don't have much doll-related news, I think I could do a quick life update. 

First, I want to thank everyone for your kind messages and support on my last post. Unfortunately, I didn't react very well to the medication, and I've had to stop taking it. Two weeks into the treatment, I started feeling so bad and having major side effects, so I had to stop taking it. Some side effects are expected, and they should wear out once you get used to the medication, and I was ready to endure them. But I got really concerned when I got a tachycardia, so I had to slowly stop taking it. Luckily, as soon as I reduced the dose, it went away. 


Of course, as soon as the side effects started wearing out, migraines appeared again with vengeance. We've also had sudden changes in weather, which is one of my biggest triggers, so that hasn't helped either. It's almost been an entire month that I've been feeling like hot garbage and haven't been able to do much. It's very frustrating, as I really hoped this medication would help me, but it's made everything worse. Now I'm slowly trying to get my life back together, and  trying to find a new solution. The whole experience took a toll on my mental wellbeing too, but I'm doing better now.

Although I haven't been feeling 100%, I've had some days here and there that I was feeling better. I didn't manage to get much done, but I've done some sewing progress. I've been working on a sewing project with Shasha, that I still haven't finished, but I hope I can make a dedicated post as soon as I finish it. I did manage to finish this cover up piece. It is far from being perfect, but it will have to do for now until I manage to do a second version.


I haven't been very motivated or inspired to work on anything recently. It was already feeling a bit like that before the medication, but it has made everything worse. I had lots of plans and projects I wanted to work on this year, but I've just wasted an entire month not being able to do anything. Now, despite doing better, I'm having  a hard time getting to work on anything. At least I did manage to work on the sewing, but I've been so uninspired to plan out other projects. Also, I haven't been keeping up with your posts, which I hope nobody took personally. 

A pic of GG Nichelle that I discarded

I don't want to end the post on a negative note, so just know that now I'm doing better. I'm also taking steps into improving my wellbeing in general, and I'm slowly getting back to working out regularly. I'm in a much better mood than I was a few weeks ago, thankfully, and I hope soon I'll start working on all of those projects I had planned out. 

I hope you're all doing well. Wish you a happy Easter if you celebrate, or Spring Break or simply a fun time with your loved ones. 

See you soon

Monster Crafts

Comments

  1. Yikes, that was a major side effect! I'm glad it doesn't seem to have done long-term damage. Take care of yourself, and make sure you keep your expectations for yourself realistic. Your coverup looks nice, and your photos as well. Felices Pascuas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. So far I seem to be doing fine, I just hope nothing pops out in the future. That's actually great advice about keeping the expectations realistic. I need to remind myself that I'm doing the best that I can, due to the circumstances. Hope you have a nice Easter time too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda. They most definitely do. It's been so frustrating, but I'm getting over that feeling. I'm doing better now, and at least I'm in a good mood. I will be trying some non-medication stuff, like vitamins, to see if that helps me.

    I'm glad that you like the top. To be fair, the inside looks messy, but it looks fine from the outside. Since I'm in a better mood, I'm feeling more motivated to start working on something.

    Don't worry about the blog thing. It must be way more frustrating for you, to put so much effort into it just to not be working properly. I'll check out the new blog as soon as posible.

    Happy Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to read you are doing a little better MC. It's very unfortunate that medications can have such extreme side effects, at least you realised it and took action, otherwise it could have been much worse.

    I know what it's like to loose focus on blogging, especially when life gets complicated. I haven't felt much like posting while we have been doing the renos, but I am gradually catching up with everyone.

    I do hope things continue to improve for you and that you find a remedy that doesn't give you so much grief.
    Happy Easter!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu. I'm lucky to have found out, and I hope nothing new pops up in the long run.

      I do agree, when stuff keeps comming at you, it's hard to be in the right mindset to work on anything. Plus, I also like to make craft posts, which can take a long time to write, and I haven't been very motivated.

      Thank you so much for your well wishes. I hope you had a lovely Easter too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that is some side effects! I am glad that you are doing better and sorry that the medication did not help. I hope that you find something else that will help you on the way. I can really understand the feeling of hope and then the sadness about the medication not helping.
    The inspiration will return soon enough and just take baby steps, find the joy again and we will be here. Life can be rough at times.
    Love the blue top - looks good in both color and shape. :)
    Stay strong and hope that the Easter was nice and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina! Yes, besides the scary side effects, it's the feeling of disappointment, as I was really hoping this could help me.
      I'm more or less back into feeling inspired. Now I'm in the mood to film a YouTube video, so probably I'll do that next. I do agree that the color of the jacket is lovely, but that fabric was a nightmare to work with.

      Thank you so much for all your well wishes. Hope you're doing well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

Doll Review: Kjersti Trollson