Summer is here

And so am I. It's been a while since my last post, a bit over 4 months. As I stated there, life was pretty busy with studies and the internship, so I wasn't expecting to come back before the summer. But, finally, here we are. 

I was planning on coming back with some doll related content, which I still don't have ready, but, since lots of things have happened, I thought it would be better to do a little catch-up post and the doll stuff will come later.

Last time I was here I told you that the classes were done, that I just needed to work in the internship full-time, work on the final project, and take the A2 level German exam. Well, all of that is done, and currently I am working at the same place I've been doing the internship, for a little bit more than part-time, but not full-time (which is fine for me). The pay is a bit better with a regular contract than with the internship contract, and I already know the ropes around there, so I'm not starting brand new. I don't think I will retire working on this job, but so far it's paying the bills.


I also passed the A2 German test. Last year, I took the test just to see how it worked, knowing fully well I probably wouldn't pass. I did pass both the reading and listening tasks, but failed miserably on both the writing and speaking parts. But this year I was determined to pass it, so during the school year I did some extra assignments (mainly writing ones) to prepare for the test. Well, the hard work did pay off, and I did pass. Since I was the only one taking the exam, the teacher told me right after I finished that I had passed, and I went home feeling super accomplished. I have already signed up for a B1 course next year, and maybe in two years I might be able to get the B1 certificate.

The final project... well, that was something. I did pass that, with a decent grade actually, but I've hated every single minute of it. The school gave us a list of topics we could choose from, each one more uninteresting than the previous one. I picked the one that I thought wouldn't be unbearable: organizing a conference. To be fair, I found it quite boring and uninspiring, but it needed to be done to pass. Little did we know that we could have chosen a different topic that wasn't on the list and get it approved by the school, and we didn't find out this until the very last minute. Our teacher basically implied that we were limited to their boring list of topics and then proceeded to complain that we all chose uninteresting subjects, like it was somewhat the students' fault.

Health wise, I'm doing pretty OK. Some of you might know that I have chronic migraines and that I've been struggling to find the right treatment for me. But, back in October I started a new treatment that took a bit long to make effect, but seems to be working for me for now. The number of migraines I've been getting per month has dropped from 8-12 to 4-7, and the medication that I take when I have a crisis seems to be having more effect. Right now I'm going through some changes in the medication, which have been giving me a rough time these past two weeks, but overall I'm doing fine. Hope it stays that way. 

These past few months I have been very disconnected from the doll world and I haven't been keeping up either with doll news or with any of your blogs. I have barely been on Instagram following the news, and I haven't posted any new photos since early January. It's not just lack of time, but I haven't been very inspired to do so. Back in Easter, Mr. Monster and I took a trip to a rural town, and I took a doll with the idea of taking a few photos there. Unfortunately, it poured the entire time we were there and didn't manage to take a single photo.  That was a bummer, but we still enjoyed our trip. The food was delicious, and we did other fun indoor activities. 

Now that it seems that I'm getting a bit more of spare time, I want to come back to the doll world. I do have some projects I would like to tackle, but I want to take it slowly and not be pressured to get things done in a certain span of time. If it's not done during the summer, I can always work on it later on, even if it's at a slower pace. Currently, I am working on a wall for the Room inside a bookshelf, which I hope I can post here very soon. Actually, most of the ideas I got that made me want to come back to the blogosphere are wall designs, so you can expect a few of those over here soon.

I hope you're all doing well. I haven't kept up with any of you, but I'll do my best to go through some of your latest posts to see what you've been up to. In the meantime, have a nice weekend.

Will be back soon


Monster Crafts

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back, MC! It sounds like your professional life has been going fairly well, and that's what pays the bills. I've started doing a "side hustle," which has kept me busy, but I need to get focusing on dolls more. They provide enjoyment and also give me several creative outlets. I can relate to the final project thing. Three of us worked on the same assignment, but we could barely find any reference works to write our paper, even at the largest university library in our area. Nothing but a distant memory now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! It's going pretty well so far, and I've also met people in a professional setting that could eventually be great contacts in case I needed another job. I wonder what that "side hustle" is.
      One good thing about the Internet is that you can access information from around the world, and you aren't limited to what's on paper in your area. There's also a lot of misinformation too.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. My side hustle? I'm buying things from thrift stores and garage sales and reselling them online. It gets me out of the house, although this time of year, that is not so much fun.
      I'm so old that when I worked on my final paper, the Internet was not a thing. :) The subject was "Women in East Germany," and just the fact that there wasn't much available to us published from behind the Iron Curtain, didn't help.

      Delete
  2. I have this exact brand new Barbie outfit I want to sell on eBay. I couldn't believe when I was looking for picture inspiration and found the exact outfit! Your photos are SO gorgeous. May I use one as my cover photo for my listing? I of course will leave your handle on the picture and put a note down in the description to your website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to catch up with all you've been doing MC. I haven't posted a lot recently either, but I'm still here. I shall look forward to seeing those new wall designs, it might inspire me to finish decorating my doll house.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu! Sorry, I've been terrible at both keeping up with your blogs and replying to comments. The new wall design is not groundbreaking, but so far I like the effect on camera.

      Big hugs to you too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a doll TV that "works"

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 2 (curvy)

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)