Doll kitchen + quick craft

Hey ghouls, I'm back.

As I told you on my last post, this Christmas holidays I bought for myself a cheap doll kitchen. It's very complete, it's got a two door fridge, an oven, a microwave and even the stoves have a little light, but unfortunately, the plastic is cheap and the back part of the furniture is just a piece of printed thin cardboard attached to the cabinets with a piece of adhesive tape.

Anyway, this playset allows me to set a doll house scenario (well, a kitchen scenario) and take different pictures. Here are a couple of them:






 It's not a very monster-looking kitchen, but I think it fits at least Ghoulia's style. Anyway I wanted it to be more Monster High themed so I made a super-quick craft: doll magnets.

They're super easy to do: You just need some Monster High stickers, a piece of thin cardboard, scissors and something called Blue-tack. In case you don't know what it is, Blue-tack looks like a blue chewing gum and it's commonly used  to fix posters to the walls. You can find it in most stationery shops.

The process to make them is really simple: Stick the stickers to the cardboard, cut them carefully following the shape of the sticker and attach them to anywhere you want using Blue-tack. I know that I could have just sticked the stickers to the fridge, but by doing this it will allow you to remove them anytime you want, plus it will also give the sticker a magnet appearance. 

Here's how my fridge ended up looking:


 If you don't have Monster High stickers or you don't want to buy them, you can also make your own magnets using Photoshop or Illustrator; or, if you're not very familiarized with this programms, you can download any Monster High image that suits you and scale it using any text processor like Microsoft Word. I'm also considering doing that myself, because my stickers look like a small portrait photo, but they only feature the first dolls (Lagoona, Cleo, Draculaura etc.) and I don't want my other ghouls to get jealous ;)

BTW, two  new ghouls are on their way to Spain from United Kingdom. Who will they be?

Blog to you soon

Comments

  1. Hello! You have a lovely blog, I'm a collector of all sorts of dolls, but I like the Monster High dolls also. I only have two up until now, but I'm looking forward to follow your Monster High adventures and to meet all the dolls of your collection :-). Greetings from Belgium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you very much for your comment! I'm glad you like my blog, I feel very flattered. You have nice blogs too!
      I wish I had more time (and a larger budget) to have more Monster High adventures, but I'm doing my best. Stay tuned!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

How to make a doll TV that "works"