Photo compilation: January 2021

And, just like that, another month has gone by, which means it's time to do another photo compilation. I was considering doing these compilations every other month, since I didn't think these could be that interesting, and I don't want to bore you. However, for some strange reason, these compilations seem to be the most successful posts since, on average, these are the ones that receive the most comments. Maybe it's the wrong way to measure my audience's interest in a certain topic, but I don't think visits are that trustworthy. 

Well, enough rambling and let's move on the photos. As some of you may have seen, back in October I made an orchid color wall...and then I didn't use it for a while. So, to kick-start the new year, I set up a scene with it and my doll Chloe. The idea behind these photos was something in the lines of "New year, new me" and plans for the new year. The story I posted on Instagram was that Chloe wanted to add more plants to her house for the new year, which is a reflection of my actual plans for 2021. 

Barbie Fashionista with orchid background

Chloe is also choosing some artwork to decor her house. This is also one of my plans, since I didn't have the chance to do so when I moved, thanks to the pandemic. The last photo is just some random shot that I took, and I ended up liking.


Of course, I've been taking more photos in my balcony. They're quite easy and quick to take, and you can get some nice results. These really come in handy when I don't have much time to take photos but want to put some content out there, and it gives me more time to work on something else. 




I also got the chance to take some photos outdoors. As soon as the semester was over, Mr. Monster and I went back to the same location of 2019 to take a few doll pics. Mr. Monster was on holidays, so we went one weekday, as soon as they opened. There was nobody there, just us and the man on the ticket booth. I did manage to take a few nice pics of Kim.



I wanted to get a close-up of one of my dolls resting on a tree. Even though it doesn't look 100% as I envisioned, I really like this photo. 


This time I felt more confident taking photos in a public space. Maybe it was the fact that it was quite empty, or maybe because I was wearing a face mask I felt like I was going "incognito". I really managed to get quite a few photos of my dolls, including my beautiful BMR 1959.





Since things here have taken a turn to the worse, I don't know when I'll be able to take pics outdoors, so I'm glad that I did when I got the chance.



I also took this photo of Kim and Shea together, but I didn't like it and never published it.


These following photos were taken for #monday4dolls, which is a weekly photo challenge on Instagram.  I haven't been participating much lately, because I either didn't have time to do so or it was very difficult for me to take a photo that would suit the theme. For example, one of the challenges was "Snow" and where I live it doesn't snow, nor did I have the time to try to make a fake snow scene. The theme for the 25th was "Denim/Jeans" and, even though I just posted one photo on Monday, I took a set of 3 photos with the same theme.




One thing I found a bit annoying about this particular challenge is the fact that I had just published my outdoor photos that could have fit the theme and, in my opinion, where more interesting than these. Anyway, I took it as a chance to use my colorful crates again, and I must say that I love the color combo. 



I hope you guys enjoyed it. I have a few photography projects that I would like to work now that I have more spare time. A few days ago I tried to use my TV as a background, but for some reason my TV wasn't able to read the photos. That could be a great alternative for when you can't or don't want to take your dolls outside, so I need to figure out how to do it as soon as possible. If I manage to fix it, and it works out, I'll try to write a post all about it. 

Also, a quick side note, my grades from college have finally come out, and I'm glad to inform you that I have finally graduated. They took FOREVER to be published! It takes for them 3 days to publish all the grades for all the degrees, and mine were published one grade each day, so it was a long wait. Now I need to wait until my academic record is closed, and I'll be able to ask for my degree title. 

My next post will be a doll review of the BMR1959 redhead guy. I've had him for months and still haven't unboxed him! I don't do reviews that often anymore, but I feel that with those BMR1959 I do have a lot to say. Plus, people seem very interested to read reviews that particular line. 

I hope you guys are all doing well, and I'll see you in my next post


Monster Crafts


You may also like:

Photo compilation: November-December 2020

Photo compilation: February 2021


My cooking blog:

Cooking with MC


Let's keep in touch:

Instagram: @monster_crafts

Twitter: @monster_crafts

Facebook Page: facebook.com/themonstercrafts

Comments

  1. These are all great photos MC, I like them all so much it's difficult to choose a favourite. But if you want to know which background I like best, it's the orchid, that colour is really pretty.
    Congratulations on receiving your degree!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! I do like that background a lot too. Depending on the lightning and decor, sometimes it leans more towards purple or towards pink.
      Thank you! I can't believe that I'm finally done with college. It doesn't feel real yet.
      Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. First, I want to say congratulations on finishing with college and soon to be getting your degree! How exciting for you! Your photos are lovely as are your backgrounds. I really like the first one with Chloe in it and I also am impressed with your outdoor photos. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis! I'm really happy to finally be done with college. I'm glad that you like my photos. I also like that one a lot and I'm quite happy with the pics I managed to take outside.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation! Wow, though, I went to a relatively small college (only about a thousand students,) and we got our grades pretty quickly. Do colleges or the equivalent of US high schools do any type of graduation ceremony?

    The orchid backdrop is nice to bring out now that people are thinking spring, and the balcony pictures are as well. Ironically, I don't think we had a lot of snow on the ground here over the weekend before that was the theme for #monday4dolls. I haven't been able to keep up with posting for that hashtag either, but I have my own plans which are making me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I did choose to go to a distance University because I was working full time to pay for it and couldn't afford to pay rent in another city. So, I'm not sure how many students are there, to be honest, but there are lots of degrees. I use college and University as synonims most of the time, even though it doesn't seem to mean the same everywhere. Graduation ceremonies weren't done here until 10-15 years ago, but there are quite different. Most students just go for the dinner party afterwards. Now with the pandemic, those have been cancelled though.

      The orchid wall seems to be a favorite around here! There are so many events on Instagram that it's hard to keep up. I try to join mainly events that would work with my own content. If I try to join everything, I will just run myself thin. Glad that you're happy with the projects you're working on.

      Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Hi, your pictures are very nice, because your dolls look su much natural. It is just amazing. Thank you for this new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shasarignis! I think that you're new here, so welcome. I'm glad that you like the photos!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Linda! It still doesn't feel real to me, so celebrating it hasn't even crossed my mind. I'm glad that you like my photos and that you think I'm good at it. I don't think I'm the best photographer, but I sure have fun. I also do like that combo, and I'm planning to use it again in future photos.
    I am working right now on the review, and it should be up in around 10 days. Big hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your graduation! What a wonderful achievement and definitely something to celebrate. All of these photos are so pretty and colorful. I think the orchid backdrop came out very nice and your posing and props look great. I love all of your Skipper face mold dolls! That dark skinned BMR is my favorite out of all of them that have come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah! Definitely, the orchid wall seems to be such a favorite. The Skipper dolls are some of my favourites too, such a cute sculpt. I do agree, she's the best out of all of them.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. You know what I love about your backgrounds and photos? They are all so clean, so sharp and the dolls look wonderful! You have a good sense of graphics and color which makes your photos eye popping! I also love your outdoor shots. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! I do think that good lightning helps to make the photos look cleaner. I'm glad that you think that I have a good sense of color. I worked for 5 years at a depot store, so I must have learned something there.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your graduation! It must be a wonderful feeling!
    Great photos as always, love the bright colors and the outdoor photos look nice. I love the one with Kim and Shea!
    Enjoy the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina! For a while it didn't feel real. Now the feeling that I'm not on holidays and I'm unemployed is starting to sink in.
      Thank you, I'm glad that you like my photos. The outdoor photos came out nice for the most part. I still have a few that I haven't published yet.
      You too, enjoy the new week.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

The return of Monster High

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Fashion Galore