Photo compilation: March-April 2022

 As every other month, it's time for another Photo compilation. I started this series a couple of years ago, as a way to share all of those photos that I published on Instagram, but I never showed here. Now I don't post so often on Instagram, due to a lack of inspiration to take doll photos and because I'm not very happy with the way the platform works. This compilation is going to be a short one, due to the reasons I just mentioned, but also because I spent a whole month feeling like hot garbage. 

These past few months I have felt very unmotivated to do anything, and the only thing I've managed to work on is a sewing project. I usually take photos on the same table I work on my craft and sewing projects, and often I don't feel like putting everything away to take photos. This is when my balcony comes in handy to take outdoorsy photos that don't take much effort.


I have two new geraniums that give red and hot pink flowers, and I've been trying to use them on my photos, to  add a pop of color. I love how they match Victoria's lips. You can mainly see the red one in these photos because the pink one is smaller and, at that time, it had fewer flowers.  




I took the photos on 2 or 3 different days, and I ended up mixing them up, so that's why there are some differences in lightning and the set up. On the second photo, you can see the pink geranium, but it's barely visible. 


I took this photo of Chloe to show off the new cover up that I made. I actually had to retake it because I didn't like how the first ones came out. 


I also have this photo of Chloe that I took a while back and edited, but never published. Now here you can see both the pink and red geraniums and see why I mainly use the red one. Because the pink one is smaller, it's so much harder to make it appear on photos. Hopefully, this will change as they grow. 


I took this photo of how I set up everything, but it's not great. Basically what I do is place the geranium plants on top of a piece of styrofoam behind the other plants, so they will appear on camera.


Last, but not least, a photo of Chloe that I took for the 9th anniversary post, but never included. I do like the photo, but I felt said post needed more photos, so I saved it for Instagram.


That's pretty much all I have to share today. I haven't finished the sewing project I was working on because I made a silly mistake and have to start over again. It's frustrating, but mistakes are part of the learning process. So far, 2022 is not being my best year, and life keeps getting in the way all the time. I'm making an effort to stay motivated and inspired to make doll stuff, but sometimes it's harder than others. When I'm motivated, I often don't have time, and when I have time, I have no motivation or a headache. I'm trying not to be too harsh on myself, because it is what it is, and things will eventually get back to what they used to be. 

I hope you're all doing well. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

 Monster Crafts. 

PS. It's been brought to my attention that some posts from my blog and others have been copied without our permision by a site called ToyNewz. I have changed some settings to avoid that from happening again, but without messing up with the comment section. If you have any issues with it, please, let me know. 

Comments

  1. Thanks Linda! Looking back at the photos, I wasn't mad at the result, but when I was taking them I was so frustrated because they were so hidden.

    Well, actually what happened is that I accidentally sew something inside out, and I didn't notice until the very last minute. I hope I won't make that same mistake again.

    Thanks Linda! I am indeed taking care and resting. Big hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how you blur the background which immediately draws attention to the doll! As far as your new sewing venture....You learn through your mistakes. Your dolls will never complain! Don't get caught up in what didn't work out. Find a clever way to hide the mistake and move on!
    I see you are still able to respond to your comments which is not the case for me after changing my settings. I'm trying to find a solution. In the meantime, I am simply adding my comments to the bottom of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. The problem with that piece is that I sew that inside out, so there was no way to hide it. But I managed to undo it and save a part of the garment.
      It took me a while to figure out how to be able to respond to comments. On the "Allow feed" settings, I chose "Personalized" and then allowed it on the comments, but restricted it on the posts. I'll try to send you some screenshots as a DM on Twitter, in case they help.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your help. I used your settings and am now able to respond to the comments.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! Glad to hear it worked!

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful, I love the first and the last one. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping that you'll still find something that will get your migraines under control, but speaking for the BTEG family, chronic health issues require a total reset of expectations. You have to rethink what you consider reasonable goals, and be understanding of yourself if even those don't get accomplished for some reason. Do they have anything like support groups where you are? It can be helpful to have someone to vent to besides your partner.

    I like your plant photos too. I agree with Linda that the plants not being "perfect" looks more realistic. Do you have the dolls standing on something, or do you just hold them? You really make me want to take outdoor photos, but our patio is just a concrete slab, and gets absolutely no shade, so I couldn't necessarily go low with my shots, but we don't have an outdoor table either. I'll have to research what kind of plants could grow in our conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I'm trying different things to keep them under control, but these past two months it's been worse due to the side effects of the medication, and having a big flare up of migraines after I stopped taking it. I do totally get what you're saying, and I should really make peace with the fact that this isn't going to be temporary. I don't think there are any support groups, but I do have a therapist I've visited for other reasons. I've been considering going back after the whole medication thing, to unpack everything that's going on.

      I'm glad you like the final result. I actually sit on the floor and hold the dolls with my hands. I've seen people use something slightly heavy like a box or a piece of wood to keep the dolls balanced. I'm not a plant expert, but I picked geraniums because they're colorful and pretty resistant, even to low temperatures. Of course, our "low temperatures" are pretty mild, and it very rarely snows. If you can't find a suitable table, you can try to stack some boxes, even if they're empty. Dolls aren't too heavy, so it should work.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hello! Hope that some days are a bit easier on you. Can only imagine how rough it can be.
    Love the photos and it is an easy way to use a balcony and some flowers. The results are great!
    Not fun at all to read about your post being posted somewhere else and without permission. Hope that it can be fixed!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niina! I have good days and not so good ones. Luckily, I'm starting to get more good days, finally after 2 months.
      Thanks, I'm glad you like the photos. You don't need to have the greatest garden for outdoor photos, even though some plants will work better than others.
      I've done some changes, to prevent my future posts from being copied. Several blogspot sites have been affected, so check out your settings if you can.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hi MC, love these outdoor photos, I wish mine would turn out as good. I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, I really hope you find a way to deal with the migraines that will allow you to enjoy life and help motivate you.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! Your photos look nice to me, but outdoor photos might depend on the plants you have. I am making some changes and trying different things, to see what works to keep my migraines under control.
      Big hugs to you too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

Unboxing Barbie Fashionistas and some photo experiments