Video tutorial: Miniature "boho" artwork

My crafting motivation is back! These past few weeks, while I was finishing a sewing project, I couldn't stop thinking about some of the craft projects I want to do this year. I don't know how to describe it with words, but often I get some sort of ticking sensation and I can't stop thinking about it. But I waited patiently until I finished the sewing project (because if not I would never finish it), to start working on something. 


I was torn between doing a miniature painting or try to create a new crate-furniture piece that I have in mind. Since it had been a while since I last posted a video on YouTube, I thought it could be more interesting to do the artwork first, and then start working on the furniture. 

For this particular painting, I wanted to make something similar to those "boho" paintings that are so on trend right now. I'm sure that you've seen them countless times on Pinterest and on some decor stores. I did base my painting on some images I found online that were fairly similar between them. So, here it is! In case the video inserted below doesn't work for you, try this link.

The video is far from perfect, as I'm still trying to figure out my set up. I've decided that it would be best for me to place my camera (aka, phone) on my left instead of my right. I'm right-handed, and I was constantly hitting the empty box I use as a platform to place my phone.

I do have a written version of this tutorial, titled How to: doll-size painted artwork, from June 2021, so feel free to check that out if you need further information. I don't think I will make another written version of that post, unless I come up with a new technique that requires further information. However, I'll try to record as many of these paintings as I can and share them on YouTube. I've created a playlist where you can find all the miniature paintings videos I make. 

Now that this is done, I'm probably going to start planning out other crafts. I have a bunch of colors I got for Christmas that I still haven't had the chance to try, so a new furniture piece could be the perfect use for them. The problem will be deciding which color to use first, because they're all so pretty.

I hope you're all doing well. I will be back very soon with hopefully something crafty.

Monster Crafts. 

Comments

  1. Thanks Linda! Overall, these past two weeks have been good ones, and I hope it stays like that for as long as possible. I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure how it would turn out because I improvised a lot, but I'm quite happy with the result.
    That's not my sewing project, but I've shown most of it already. On my last post, there's a doll wearing a blue loose jacket, which is supposed to be a beach cover-up. But I do want to recreate this dress in the near future.
    Hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're feeling well enough to tackle projects again. As with sewing, making polished videos will just take practice (says someone who hasn't made any YouTube videos.) Your presentation was easy to follow and conveyed everything it needed, though, so it was successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I'm glad that you found the instructions clear, as I was concerned if people would find that something was missing. With videos, I would say you sometimes need to improve your set-up in order to improve them. But yeah, with practice you and playing around with what you already have, you can make a significant difference.

      Delete
  3. ¡Hola! Me alegro de que hayas recuperado las ganas de volver a hacer proyectos nuevos. Tu tutorial es fácil de seguir y entender y el cuadro ha quedado genial. Seguro que ahora no vas a poder parar de pintar más cuadros, una vez que se empieza no se puede parar 😆
    Saludos ^-ᴥ-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Sion! Me alegra que te parezca fácil de seguir, ya que me preocupaba ir demasiado rápido o saltarme cosas importantes. La verdad es que tengo unas cuantas ideas para próximos cuadros, que ya iré compartiendo por aquí.
      Muchas gracias por pasarte.

      Delete
  4. Yay for crafting motivation being back! I love the video and it is easy to follow! Thank you for sharing!
    I bought some acrylic paint and brushes the other day, so who knows what will happen. Saw that this store even had acrylics with glitter. I was so temped! And the artwork you did - looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niina! I have some acrylics with glitter too, and I tried to use them for doll photography, but they didn't give the effect I thought they would.
      Thanks, I'm glad that you find the video easy to follow. I'm always concerned if the instructions aren't clear enough. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy