Photo compilation: May-June 2022

This post was first published on Themonstercrafts.blogspot.com. If you see it published somewhere else, it's been copied without my consent. Please, do not support shady pages like Toy Newz and support the original creators instead. 

Happy July! Can you believe how fast 2022 is going? It feels like last week we were celebrating Christmas and, all of a sudden, here we are. Today it's time for another photo compilation that I've been doing at the beginning of every other month. There aren't many photos to share today, as I haven't been very active on Instagram and many of the photos I shared there I had already shared on the blog. 

Let's start with some extra photos that I took while working on the Workshop with Shasha post, but never made it to the final post. This photo of Shea is one of my favorites.  

BMR 1959 curvy laying down

I also took this photo of Chloe laying down, ready to get into the pool (that isn't there, I just pretend it is). I didn't include this one simply because she isn't wearing anything that we made in the workshop. Putting these two photos together on this posts just made me realized that both have very similar poses.


Keeping with the summer theme, I took a few more photos using the vertical garden and the pergola I made last year, even though you can barely see it in most of the photos. Because the vertical garden is quite small, it limits the photos I can take. However, I have plans to come up with something to expand the photo area and scene. 

Lea holding a cup of coffee in the garden


Lea under the pergola


I love this doll, but sometimes I find her hard to photograph. I took several photos of her, but this is the one I was the happiest with. The sculpt is stunning, I would love to see it again with a different face paint and in different skin tones. 

Barbie Looks Ellie in the garden

Last, but certainly not least, I took some interior photos using my usual props. These were taken right when I painted the "Boho painting", so I wanted to display it. I chose the light blue wall because it would add contrast to the painting, but it also has a summer vibe to it. 



This photo of Lea is based on a photo of Victoria I took back when I originally did the first painted artwork. Coincidentally, they're both holding the same painting, which I wasn't planning for. 


That's pretty much all I have to share today. Sorry this post came a bit later than usual, but I simply didn't realize it was already July. Currently, I'm working on a sofa cover I mentioned on my last post. I thought I had it ready, but it wasn't working, and I decided to start over. Later this month, Mr. Monster and I are going on a weekend trip to a rural town. If I have it ready before we leave, I will try to post about it. If not, my next post will be either late July or early August. 

We're halfway through the year, and I still haven't done most of the things I had planned out for this year. I'm trying to not be too hard on myself, because it was mostly due to unforeseen circumstances, and now the eczema (that is going away, thankfully). It's not the end of the world, but I have some ideas for doll photos, and I need new props for those. Seeing the bright side of this, it has given me some time to work on my sewing and practicing with the sewing machine. 

I hope you're all doing well and I'll see you as soon as possible. 

Monster Crafts

Comments

  1. I like your picture of Shea too; actually I think all of these pictures turned out well. I hope that you enjoy your weekend trip, and that you will be feeling well enough to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I am doing much better and I am getting things done, but it's mostly real life stuff and paperwork that have kept me busy, which means I'm not getting doll-stuff done. I also hope we have some fun on the trip and that I get to take some doll photos.

      Delete
  2. Your dolls are so lovely, especially Shea. And I do know what you mean about certain dolls being hard to photograph. My favorites are the dark toned dolls. I LOVE, LOVE them but often, I find they are so hard to photograph well due to the contrast of their skin tone and the colors surrounding them. I have better luck when I photograph them against a dark background. I sometimes have the same problem with very pale toned dolls as well! By the way, I havent forgotten you where the ice cream recipes are concerned. I'll DM you with a couple of my best successes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April. This is exactly what happens with the dark skinned dolls, often the background looks very saturated. I did have a problem with Monster High's Spectra Vondergeist, who is pure white. Photographing her was a nightmare, as she would bounce the light. I'll be looking forward to see those ice cream recipes.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Linda! The vertical garden has been such a great purchase and I'm already considering getting another design. Thanks, I'll post about the trip once we get back. Hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shea is photogenic! Love the other pictures too. It is amazing how fast time has gone by. I noticed that it was July when people started to pop up at their cottages around our cottage. July is summer vacation for many here in Sweden and suddenly this little village is filled with families enjoying their free time. Hope you enjoy your trip! Take care and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina! I'm glad you like the photos. I can also tell is July over here due to all the people. It starts to get busy in late May, but July-August is always crowded.
      Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  5. ¡Hola! Es increíble que ya estemos de camino a agosto. De aquí a nada, Navidad.
    Todas las fotos son fantásticas y con el valor añadido de que muchos complementos que aparecen en ellas están hechas por ti.
    ¡Saludos! ^-ᴥ-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Sion! Siento tardar tanto en contestar, pero he estado de vacaciones y no me he pasado mucho por aquí. Me alegra que te gusten las fotos y muchas gracias por pasarte.
      Espero que estés pasando un buen verano a pesar del calor insoportable.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll Review: Kjersti Trollson

The return of Monster High