Summer update

Hello again my dear dolly-friends! How are you doing?

What a month it has been! I've been so busy with school that I've barely had any time to come to the blogosphere to keep up with your posts, let alone write anything myself, which was expected. My plan was to come back with a proper doll-related post, but I really was too impatient to come back and give you a rundown of what's been going on, that I decided to write this impromptu post.


Like I mentioned in my last post, the last few weeks of school we were expecting to have exams and projects at least every week. Well, little did I know back then that the school had decided to do all the last exams in the span of 3 days, but without giving us any days off from class to actually get to study. I ended up complaining to the director of studies (not sure if it's the correct term), because, when the school asked for suggestions, we asked to space out the exams and projects as much as possible, and they did the exact opposite. Keep in mind that these classes are held in the afternoon, so people with jobs can attend, but this exam schedule would impact them negatively.

To say that the week of exams was very stressful is an understatement. We had to juggle so many things at the same time, that everything was half-baked. When I was in college, I also had 3 days to take the exams, but those were separated in the span of 2 weeks, and I had at least a full week to prepare. It was hard, but I managed to pull it off, and I got pretty good grades in the end. 

Found this on my way to school

In the middle of this whirlwind, I was also in touch with the teacher in charge of the internship program, who was trying to find me a spot in a company. I signed up for this paid internship program months ago, but the school had a lot of trouble finding companies that were interested. Plus, they also try to find the best fit for both the student and the company, so it's quite complicated. At the very last minute, a company called the school looking for some students that could be interested in a job there, and they suggested me. I went there, did the interview and they were very interested. So yeah, I got the internship and will be starting next Monday. It's a part-time job and, because it's an internship, pays less than a proper job, but I'm really happy to have a regular income again. After the internship, I have the opportunity of joining the company in a permanent position, which would be great. But, even if it doesn't work out, it still is a good opportunity to get some experience and some coins. 

Like I've mentioned, I've had no time to work on anything doll-related. I did finish sewing a bikini back in April, during the Easter break, but I still haven't managed to take photos of my dolls wearing it. That's probably what I'm going to start working next, while I figure out what to do with the spare time I will have this summer. For a while now I've wanted to make some sort of diorama that fits inside my Billy bookcases, as a way to display furniture, and have it already set up when I need to take a quick photo. I hope I can find some time for that this summer and to finally enjoy some fun dolly-time.

I hope you're all doing well. I haven't been keeping up with your posts, so I'll make sure to drop by tomorrow to see what you're up to. 

See you soon!

Monster Crafts

PS. The fact that I started working on this post right after I came back home from my last exam says a lot about how much I've missed the blog. 


This post was first published on themonstercrafts.blogspot.com. If you see it published elsewhere, it's been plagiarized without my consent.

Comments

  1. ¡Hola! Me alegra que al fin hayas terminado y, a pesar del estrés que has debido pasar, ahora tengas más tiempo libre por delante. Yo terminé las clases ayer y, en cierto modo, me alegro porque detesto el horario de tardes; no obstante, todavía tengo que acabar algunos trabajos... Justamente hoy tengo una reunión sobre las prácticas externas, ya de cara al próximo y último curso.
    ¡Que pases una buena semana y disfruta del verano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Marina. El horario de tardes la verdad es que es más pesado, sobre todo en invierno que es de noche cuando sales. Suerte con los trabajos y con las prácticas, espero que te toque un buen sitio.
      Igualmente, que pases un verano estupendo.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to see that you are back! Those flowers are a nice background for your doll. Best wishes for your internship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MC dear.. I am so happy you are getting that paid internship. I bet it's something you enjoy doing and nothing is more satisfying than a job you enjoy and will allow for more learning for the next step in your journey. I too hadn't been taking proper photos since I had to focus on my goal to list 100 products in my shop by the end of June. And I had been slacking a bit the past few months that I had to work extra harder this month, alongside family duties. Glad you are writing again here - I will try to write a few more before I try to get into full blast blogging in August or September! All the best ot us! xoxo,
    shasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shasha! The internship is in a field I don't know much about, but it seems interesting. But it has some pros, like being just a 10 minute walk from my house, a nice office space, and my future coworker seems nice.
      100 products sounds like a lot of work, but it seems like you're very close to your goal. I too, will try to work hard this summer to have some content pre-planned for when the school year starts again.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

How to make a doll TV that "works"