Photo compilation: March-April 2023

Hello again! Welcome to my 7th post this year and 200th post overall. Today, as every other month, we're doing another Photo compilation, where I share all the photos I've taken for Instagram but haven't been published on the blog before. Today's post comes out a bit later than usual, as I've been quite busy with school, but I've also had some family events to attend that have taken up most of my spare time.

Let's start this compilation with a photo that I took back in February, but didn't share on my last photo compilation. If you read that one, you know I took this photo at a lovely little nook I found by the beach. I posted this one in March, but I usually share all the photos of the same "batch" together, even if one of them was published in a different month. However, for some reason I forgot to include this one.


Remember my last doll review? Well, thinking that that doll had a petite body, I wanted to take photos with her and the vitiligo petite doll. This is when I realized that she wasn't a petite Barbie, and instead she had an original body. Honestly, I don't know why I thought she was petite. Probably because she caught my eye the same way the vitiligo one did, so in my brain I thought "must be a petite Barbie". I have already changed the review, to avoid any misleading. 

I posted these photos after the photos I took for the review, so I decided to combine white and yellow cardstock, so they would match.



When I don't have much time to set up a diorama, I usually take some quick photos in my balcony, to have some content while I work on something else. And the paper flower was looking beautiful that day. Since I took this photos, it has grown so much and I'm looking forward to finding some time to take more photos with it.



Since a lot of my plants died last year, I had almost only been using the paper flower.  But, in late March I started buying new plants again, so I decided to bring them for these photos with Tate. As of today, I have added a couple more plants, so I hope to show more variety in upcoming balcony photos.


Last, but certainly not least, here are some photos that I took using my vertical garden. It's been a while, so I don't recall exactly the inspiration behind this. I believe I took these when I took the photos for the Barbie Style clothes I'd love to make post, since I had everything already set up.


For these next photos, I wanted to do something a bit different and place some greenery in front of the dolls, so it would look like the dolls were peaking from behind. I used a cheap plastic topiary I got from TEDi for both the photos with the Looks doll and some paper plant for the one with Tate. 




Those are all the photos that I've published these past two months. Let me know which ones are your favorites in the comment section. I think I like the ones with the vertical garden the most. 

In other news, remember my miniature vases post? Well, I've finally edited the footage and have uploaded a video tutorial to my Youtube channel. Check it out, and don't forget to like and subscribe. I would love to get to 100 subscribers before the end of the year. 

I have a busy month ahead of me at school. The school year ends 6 weeks, so we are expecting to have exams and projects at every week from now until the 9th. That means I won't be very active over here, so I might miss some of your posts. But it's just a month left, so, as soon as I'm back, I'll go back and check out everything that I might have missed.

Hope you're all doing well and I'll see you in June.

Monster Crafts


Comments

  1. Wonderful photos with the dolls! I love the greenery in the background. I often use artificial greenery for doll photos and even in my video tutorials. I watched your YouTube video and subscribed. I really enjoyed the idea of creating miniature vases for dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inesa. The artificial greenery is such a great background, as it adds texture. Thanks for subscribing, I have also subscribed to your channel.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are nice; I especially love the beach one and the ones with the plants. I'll have to check out your YouTube video. I only have one plant right now, and it's a low growing vine. It does have some small blue flowers, and I might cut one little bunch off to photograph with. I planted some daffodils last fall, but none of them came up. :( I hope all your school stuff goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, I'm glad you like them. I have linked the video on the original post too, so if you can't check it out now, it's also there. I'm looking at vine plants with blue flowers and honestly, they look beautiful. Too bad your daffodils didn't come up, but hopefully you'll have more luck this year.
      Thanks, I also hope it goes well!

      Delete
  3. ¡Hola! Me encanta tus fotos, consigues que las muñecas parezcan modelos reales. Las flores siempre son un elemento perfecto, así como esa vegetación tan conseguida. La Barbie con vitíligo me encanta, y creo que el fondo con cartulinas blanca y amarilla es estupendo.
    A mí también me esperan una semanas muy ajetreadas, espero sobrevivir a ello :S
    ¡Buena semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! Esa muñeca es super mona, y muy expresiva a pesar de la falta de articulación. Buena suerte con todo el trabajo. Es estresante, pero seguro que lo conseguimos!
      Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana, que ya está a la vuelta de la esquina!

      Delete
  4. They are all lovely photos MC, it's difficult to choose just one. If I really had to, I think it would be because I'm drawn to the doll itself (shown in 1 & 5) . . . your greenery photos (10 & 11) top my list.
    Checked out the YouTube video, you made it easy to follow your instructions, I will make a couple soon. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! That's a beautiful dolls, one of the best Mattel has come up recently.
      I'm glad that you find the video easy to follow. I'm always concerned I'm not making the instructions clear enough.
      Big hugs to you too!

      Delete
  5. Hello! Doing some catching up before it is time to make some nachos for the dinner. Have been deep into the study books today and look forward to taking the last exam in late May and then say "hello summer vacation". Hope it is going well with your studies!
    You have taken lovely photos and I do like the three last ones. She is being shy behind the plants and his is more charming and flirting behind his plant. :)
    Need to check out your Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Niina. I relate to that feeling, waiting for the final day of exams to come and go. I also wish you the best of luck with your studies.
      I'm glad that you like my photos, and those are some of my favorites too.
      I hope you enjoyed your nachos!

      Delete
  6. Thanks Linda! I'm so happy I got Tate, he's the kind of doll I was hoping Mattel would make for so long. Hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

The return of Monster High

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

How to make a doll TV that "works"