Photo compilation: May-June 2023

Hello again! Can you believe it's July already? Where does time go? I have done nothing of what I had planned for before July!

Like every other month, it's time for another Photo compilation, the series where I share all the photos I've posted on Instagram, and tell you a little backstory about them, and even sometimes share some behind the scenes photos (once in a blue moon, actually). 

Let's start with my favorite photos. I took these photos back in April, during the Easter break, in a nearby town.  Last time we visited this town, I mentioned how cool it would be to take photos there, so on a day off we had, we went back with dolls. It's a residential area that is far less busy than downtown, and it has some parks in between the houses. The parks aren't very nice, but I still managed to take this photo of Chloe, which is my favorite. 


I like the result of outdoor photos, especially when it looks like the doll is out there in the real world, but they can be a real pain to take. For starters, we don't have great photography spots close to home, so outdoor photos require some prior planning, which I don't always have time for. Also, I find outdoor photos harder to take from a technical standpoint. Outside, there are more things going on that you have to pay attention to. With outdoor photos, I tend to find that a photo that I thought was fine doesn't look that great more often than with indoor photos. While I'm quite happy with the photos I published from this photoshoot, there were lots of duds I didn't post. 


We also drove to a nearby beach and took some photos there. It was quite windy, which made it hard to get any decent photos, but I'm quite happy with this photo of Victoria.


Since I was busy with school, I took some photos of my plants on my balcony. These type of photos don't require much time, and while they aren't as interesting as outdoor photos in the "real world", the colors of the flowers and leaves add a nice touch. I did share one photo from this "set" in my Summer Update post



I just can't wait for my bougainvillea/paper flower to grow so I can have a fuller background!


Those are all the photos I have to share today. I haven't had much time these past few months to take extra photos for Instagram, and the stress from school hasn't helped me feel very inspired. However, I'm quite happy with the photos I took, especially the first one. But let me know which one is your favorite. 

Well friends, I must confess that I have done nothing doll-related these past couple of weeks. Every time I have a change in routine, it takes me a few days to adapt and organize my time. There are so many things I haven't been able to do during the school year, so I've also been catching up on those. One of the first things I had to tackle was tidying and cleaning my doll/study room because it looked like a hot mess, with all my books from school piled up on my craft table. But now that that is done, I have just started a new project, which is a backdrop for doll photos. It's kind of an experiment, and I'm not sure how it will turn out, but hopefully I'll be able to share some progress later this month or in early August.

I hope you're all doing well, and I'll see you very soon.


Monster Crafts


This post was first published on themonstercrafts.blogspot.com. If you see it published elsewhere, it's been plagiarized without my consent.

Comments

  1. ¡Hola! Me encantan todas las fotos, pero mis favoritas son la de Victoria en la playa y la de la Barbie con vitíligo, que me parece super bonita. Es cierto que hacer fotos al aire libre es complicado, incluso solamente con un fondo vegetal, porque a veces cuesta dejar a las muñecas en la pose que te gustaría o, cuando estás a punto de disparar, una ráfaga de viento las tira al suelo.
    ¡Feliz semana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! La verdad es que esas dos también son de mis favoritas. Sí, la verdad es que es complicado y, además, a veces te tienes que poner en poses un poco raras y bastante incómodas para poder sacar una buena foto.
      ¡Que tengas un buen fin de semana!

      Delete
  2. Hi MC!
    It doesn't matter where you take your photos, I always find them enjoyable because they are always colourful and cheery. I really like the outfit on the first doll, did you make this one? BTW your bougainvillea is the same colour as mine, does yours have thorns? I have a neighbour who has a beautiful orange one and often wish I had planted that colour too.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu! Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I did not make the first outfit, it's from an older Mattel fashion pack, but it could be a good reference to use for future dresses.
      Yes, my bougainvillea has thorns; you have to be careful with it. We're growing two more bougainvilleas out of cuttings/slips from other bougainvilleas of different colours, but we still don't know which colour they are. I hope at least one of them is red!
      Big hugs to you too!

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite photograph is the last one. I like the daisy outfit, but it also harmonizes nicely with the flowers. I hope you have a nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! That's one of my favorite outfits, my dolls wear it all the time. I hope you have a lovely summer too!

      Delete
  4. Great photos! I've recently started taking doll pictures outside. I don't always succeed in capturing good photos on the street, but I keep experimenting. The result is a collection of pictures that I truly enjoy. I've developed a deep appreciation for outdoor photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inesa. Outdoor doll photos can be frustrating at times. I'm not an expert, but trying and experimenting is the way to go for me too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

How to make a doll TV that "works"