Photo compilation: September-October 2020

Hi again! I'm back with another photo compilation. I didn't publish one in October because I felt that I didn't have enough new photos, since most of what I had been posting on Instagram were pics from the blog. So decided to wait until November. 

Remember when I went to the house with a pool? Well, I took so many photos that I still have a few that I haven't posted. I still had a few with the dolls lying next to the pool and wearing swimsuits, so I decided to post them early September, when they still matched the weather. 

Made To Move LA Girl and Kim pool

LA Girl made to move outdoor photography grass


I also had more pics of different dolls around the garden. In these photos you can see Cassandra, a doll I don't feature much on my blog or pay much attention too, so I decided to give her a shinning moment. 

Barbie Fashionista Tribal Romper flower wall


Barbie fashionista outdoor photography

I wanted to take a few photos of the dolls lying on the ground, since I've seen that being done before and I think it looks quite lovely. The natural grass looks quite disproportioned, but overall I'm happy with them. 

The framing of the dolls is quite off, but since on Instagram you can adjust that, I didn't pay much attention to that. 



I also have a few random photos I either took for posts and never included them, or just had them but didn't fit the post. The first one is my curvy BMR1959 in the orchid background you saw in my last post. 

BMR 1959 Pazette redressed

These 3 photos were taken for my crate bookshelf post, but they didn't make the cut. It's not that I don't like them, I just didn't find they were necessary and the post was already quite long as it was. 




One thing I've been experimenting with is using my home plants to create an outdoors feel. I don't have a garden or a big patio, but I have a balcony that has great lightning. So, one day I took one of my dolls outside and took a few quick pics. It doesn't have the depth of  the pics you can take on an actual garden or outside, but it's much quicker and requires less preparation. 

Barbie Fashionistas Vitiligo outside

I used the portrait mode on my phone to hide the fact that you're looking at parsley and basil. I really liked the result, so I took a few more with other dolls. 



When I took these pics, I thought I could take a few pics with some of my Monster High dolls. I picked some of the "nature girls" dolls, because I thought they would fit the theme better. I started with Venus McFlytrap which is a doll I don't feature much because her eyes tend to look a bit derpy on camera and I find her hard to photograph. I took a few in diferent poses, but I decided to go with this one. 

Music Festivals Venus McFlytrap outside


My personal favourite from this set of photos is this pic of Jane Boolittle. 

Monster High Jane Boolittle outside

Isi Dawndancer is such a cute doll, but can also be tricky to photograph. This was the photo of her that I liked the most, despite her hair looking a bit messy. 

Monster High Monster Exchange Isi Dawndancer

I know some of you find useful when I post "behind the scenes" photos. This is how I assembled everything for the pic. I placed the tallest plant behind the polyestirene platform, trying to create a bit of dimension. I used my balcony privacy canisse as a background to give some texture to the photo. The photo isn't great quality because my phone camera has been acting funny lately, but I think you get the idea. The poor plant in the back is bended because we had a few days of strong wind. I'm trying to get it straight again, but for the photos it was actually quite useful. 


And that's pretty much it. I have no idea what I will post next, since I don't seem to have much time. Since next month is December, I'd like to do something Christmas related, even if it's just a quick photoshoot. I don't have as much spare time as I expected, but I'm trying to organize my time better in order to be able to photos and work on some craft projects. Anyway, this semester will be over in a couple of months, and then I'll be free to work on as many craft projects as I want to.

So what have you been up to? Have you been experimenting with your photos? Any doll news? 

Monster Crafts



More "Photo compilation" posts: 

Photo compilation: August 2020

Photo compilation: September-October 2021

Comments

  1. Hello!
    Sometimes you just take so many photos, that you can share for a very long time. I know that feeling. I have been cleaning my phone and saving some photos to other places just in case. Found photos that I took almost a year ago. It was fun to look at and remember.
    Your girls look absolutely stunning in their bathing suits and ready for some fun in the sun. Lovely to see some photos of Cassandra too. I like her face, she is pretty!
    Love the crates, but have not come to that part myself, yet. Such a simple thing to do and have as a background. And so is the flowers too, as a depth and something garden like. We have a garden, but as it is Autumn over her, almost winter, it is rather ’ugly’. Venus McFlytrap looks pretty. Isi Dawndancer was one Monster High doll I never got - she was really hard to find over her. Lovely to see her on your blog.
    Have not been up to so much dolly stuff lately. It is getting closer to my next essay and I need to read some books and prepare for that. But earlier I got my Rainbow High doll home. She is cute and yellow!
    Enjoy your weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      I agree. When I took the photos I expected to have around 12 that I could use, but turns out I got so many more.
      Thanks, I'm glad you like the photos. The crates shelf is easy to do, but very time consuming and, if you're busy with your studies now, it might not be the best time to start working on a project like that.
      Isi was quite hard to find here aswell, but I think I got her on Amazon. I'd love to see your "ugly" garden. Fall is my favourite season, so I'd probably find it quite beautiful still.

      Good luck with your studies. Hope I can drop by your blog soon to check out your Rainbow High doll.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love your garden setup! You put a lot of work into these doll photos. I usually take "work" photos of my dolls, and as my inspiration and free time is usually at night, my photos are absolute garbage. I don't know how my friend puts up with my chat photo dumps! Hers are pretty bad too, but at least she uses the flash to make them clear, and I can't because I have cats on my desk, so mine are terrible in more ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Black Kitty! Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I don't think I put that much work in general for a photo, but I did take a lot of photos this summer. Sometimes I feel that I put a lot of work into one photoshoot and things don't turn out as I expected, while others I just take some quick photos and I love the result, like the ones in my balcony.

      My free time is also in the evening-night and on weekends. The balcony pics were taken around 5-6 p.m, but it was before the whole daylight savings change and it was still pretty bright. For indoors, I use a ring light, which has really helped. However, if you can't afford one right now you can use desk lamps to help you with the lightning.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. See, when you say quick photos you mean setting up a chunk of styrofoam and three pots, while for me pulling the lamp wire out of the desk hole to take pictures with it is too much work. I really need to get an extra lamp or two, preferably wireless.

      Delete
    3. It also depends of how motivated you are. To me, it's not much work if it takes me 20 minutes or less to arrange and take the pics. If you use a phone to take photos, maybe you could get a selfie ring light to attach it to your phone, so you would have some light coming out from your phone, but much more difused than using a flash. There are pretty affordable ones at AliExpress

      Delete
  3. The fourth photo is my favourite, she looks great!
    Also, is that a Barbie with vitiligo? Stunning lady, honestly! Love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my faves too, but I think the flower wall makes any doll look prettier. Yes, she's the vitiligo Barbie. She has such a cute and friendly face, very photogenic. Totally recommend getting her if you're into Barbie.
      Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda! Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I haven't been showing much love to my Monster High dolls since the line got cancelled, but I'm trying to feature them from time to time. I also like the photos I took at the pool house. Believe it or not, I still have lots of photos from then that I didn't publish.

    Glad you found I a doll that you wanted so badly. I've been quite busy these past few weeks, but I'll keep an eye on your blog. I really need to keep up with my reading list.
    Big hugs to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing your nice photo compositions. I wish that we had more plants around our home, but at the same time, I do not really enjoy gardening. It's good to see your Monster High dolls again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb. Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I only have those plants plus one Aloe Vera that doesn't need much attention. I don't love gardening either, but I like to have some fresh parsley to use for cooking. I'm glad they're back too, I need to show them more love.

      Delete
  6. Hi MC!
    What s lovely lot of photos, so many are interesting that it's difficult to pick a favourite. However, the indoor garden shoot was my favourite shoot, it's amazing what one can achieve when we use our imaginations. :)
    Keep them coming, I always enjoy your posts!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu! Thanks, I'm glad you like my pics. I also like those and they were fairly easy to take. They're a great example that you can take a cute pic with just a few simple elements.
      Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. Well, if you had not told us those were parsley and basil in the background, we would never have known it wasn't trees and bushes. LOL!! I've taken pictures with my girls in front of tomato plants. Those big, red globes were tomatoes.... very surreal! With fall upon us and winter just ahead, it is always nice to look back at summer photos and reflect back on the warm days. I too, love seeing the behind the scenes. I know you are busy with schoolwork, but all of us appreciate whenever you can post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April. A blurry backgrond really helps to trick the eye. I want to get more plants and decor to make my photos more interesting. The tomato plants seems so different and interesting, with those pops of red.
      I do find behind the scenes helpful, because things don't look as nice and well put together as it seems on the photo. I'm glad you appreciate the effort, I'm trying my best to post regularly and keep up with my reading list.

      Delete
  8. Las fotos en exterior son muy bonitas, aprovechaste bien la estancia en esa casa. Y las fotos en tu balcón quedaron geniales. Tienes suerte de poder aprovechar la luz natural, en el mío es complicado porque entra el sol por un lado durante poco tiempo y hace luces raras, así que no puedo aprovecharlo como me gustaría 😞
    Saludos ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Lily! La verdad es que intenté sacar tantas fotos como pude, y así tener para publicar durante bastante tiempo. A lo mejor en tu balcón puedes ayudarte de una luz artificial para tener una luz un poco mejor. El mio da al sur y a veces el sol da demasiado fuerte para hacer fotos, así que las mejores horas son a primera hora de la mañana y por la tarde.
      Gracias por tu visita

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

Doll Review: Barbie BMR 1959 Curvy