Photo compilation: September-October 2021

Hello everyone and happy November! Can you believe how fast the year is flying by? I can't believe this will be the last photo compilation in 2021, as I've been doing them every other month and the next one will be in January 2022 (although, it will still be photos from 2021 but... yikes!). To be fair, I don't have many new photos, as most of what I've been posting on Instagram you've already seen here. I haven't been very inspired to take photos just for the sake of it, so it's going to be a shorter post. 

Let's start with some interior photos. Back in September I took these photos of Blake with the new bookcase that I had just made. I actually took them way before I started working on the upcycling post, so I didn't include them. This first one is my favorite from the set.



The floor on this scene is actually a wallpaper sample that I got from one of my last jobs. The catalog was discontinued, and we had to throw it out, but I kept it and cut the samples that would work for my doll photos. 


This set of photos of Chloe were taken in a hurry, on a week I was feeling terrible with migraines. I didn't have a migraine that day, but I think you can tell I wasn't feeling great. 


These photos were taken right before I started working on the wooden floor, so I could have some content to post on Instagram while crafting.


Let's move on to some exterior. Or at least a fake exterior. I wanted to use my pergola again for a set of photos and feature some dolls that weren't featured on the original post. I didn't have much of a concept for them, just random photos.


I used a desk lamp to bring some light to the background, as it sometimes can look quite dark. I do like the difference in color you can see in some photos, but let me know what do you think. 



I don't have the biggest doll room, so my photography table and my craft table are the same. Usually when I'm working on a craft project I can't be bothered to clean my table to take doll photos. So, when this happens, I try to find other ways to take photos. It has been a while since I last took photos of my dolls in the balcony, so it was time to pay it another visit. 



For this photo of Lea, I placed a plant right in front of her and focused on her face. That way I think it gives some more dimension to the photo. 


And that is it for this compilation. Like I mentioned earlier, I haven't been taking many photos since I've been quite uninspired. I've been so focused on the projects I've been working on that I had no space in my mind. It also felt like an inconvenience to clean the table just to take some photos. So for now, I'm just posting on Instagram whenever I feel to do so or when it aligns with the content I'm working on for this blog. 

I've been considering for a while trying to make a small permanent diorama that I can fit on my Billy bookcases. That way I would have a scene ready to take a few photos when my table is unavailable. It would be something simple, like a corner room, with some neutral walls, so I can change the furniture from time to time. I don't have a clear idea yet and, since I work at such a slow pace, it will take me a while to do it.

I don't know when my next post is going to be up or what is it going to be about. Currently I'm working on a bunch of craft projects at the same time, and I'm not getting anything finished. Hopefully I'll get something finished and will be able to post about it in 10-15 days time. 

I hope you're all having a great weekend. See you soon!

Monster Crafts




Comments

  1. These are all beautiful photos, I love the first one.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of your photos turned out well. None of the lighting in any of the photos screams "artificial." You're also really good at the backgrounds.

    I had a cold for a week, and I'm just now starting to feel creatively inspired again. Other people's posts are an encouragement, so I'm glad to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. The ring light has helped me a lot with getting the right lightning for the photos. I'm glad that you like my backgrounds, they're actually one of my favorite things to work on.

      Glad to hear that you're feeling better now and inspired to do something doll-related. I'll keep an eye on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Your photos always look great to me MC, and I especially like the balcony photos from this group. They look so warm and summery, my favourite season.

    I really suck at taking photos and by now I should know to take my time and set things up properly, but I am far too impatient and always have so many other things that need doing.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Xanadu! I do like taking photos in the balcony, since the set up and lightning are already there, but I could use some new plants.

      I don't think you suck at taking photos, but I know what you mean by being too impatient. Recently I've got so caught up in creating content that I haven't taken time to put more effort or creativity into it.

      Big hugs to you too!

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda! I haven't been keeping up with blogs that much either. For the most part, my lightning is fine, but I wanted to try something different with the vertical garden, since it can look quite flat. I also edit my photos, to give them more contrast or brightness. Luckily, I've managed to finish something this week and take some photos, so I should have a new post up soon. I always feel like I could do more things, but my time management skills seem to be nonexistent.
    You too, enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

The return of Monster High

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 2 (curvy)