Venturing into Youtube

If you were here around 2017, you might remember that I uploaded a YouTube video repainting some photo frames. I was planning on keep posting videos, but I never did so. It was a mixture of many factors. On the house we were living back then, we didn't have space for a good set up, or good lightning. Plus, at that time I was very stressed out with a full time job that I hated and studying at University. 

Victoria with the new painting

When we moved home back in 2020, I thought it could be the time to give it a try again but, once again, it didn't happen. This time it had to do with the fact that lockdown happened 3 weeks into the new house, so we couldn't get all the furniture pieces that we needed. By the time we got proper furniture on summer 2021, I was already too busy making content for Instagram and preparing blog posts that I didn't make any time for it. But finally, here we are, January 2022, starting to make videos. 

The video is just a continuation of a post from last year, Doll-size painted artwork. I was planning on making new designs, so I thought I could film the process and start practicing. I am well aware that the footage isn't great, but I hope I can get better as I go. I still need to figure out my set up, and make an effort to craft centered in frame. This was the hardest part, as I'm used to crafting closer to my face, and for this I had to do it a bit further away. 

I edited the video using Canva, which is not the most professional tool, but it's quite easy to use, and you can make really cute graphics. If you aren't familiar with it, Canva is an online design tool that has templates for anything you can imagine. It's a great tool to make graphic design easier to those who aren't professionals. In my case, I wanted to try editing with it, as my laptop is very old and couldn't resist exporting a video without shutting down. 

New Youtube logo, made with Canva

I'm not planning to move my content to Youtube, or stop making craft posts here on the blog. My idea is to recreate or make a newer version of some of the crafts I've already done here, and film the process for Youtube. For example, I have other designs in mind for the crate console I made last year. So I could film the process of making another one, with a slightly different design, and post it on Youtube. Plus, it's going to add more information to the original tutorial, as now you can get a video of the process, instead of a description and some static photos. I'm going to start small, making some simple crafts (a crate, more artwork...), until I figure out my set up, and then I can move to larger projects. 

I'm not going to make a dedicated post each time I upload a video, but from time to time I'll let you know if I have new videos on my channel. I know not everyone is very invested in watching Youtube, but I would greatly appreciate your support. You can subscribe to my channel, like and comment the video, which are some of the things that help the most. 

I haven't been working in any blog posts these past few days, but I recently received a package from Linda, so that might be my next post. See you soon!

Monster Crafts

Comments

  1. Congratulations on taking the plunge! I think the video turned out very well, and I have watched many doll crafting videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I need to open up the frame a bit, but is hard to find a nice set up.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Linda, I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to post videos, but hopefully every other month. Canva is a great tool to make simple designs for your blog or social media, and fairly easy to use. I really recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Enjoyed the video a lot - short, informative and with great details. Good luck with making new videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niina! I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I was concerned it might not be clear enough.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your YouTube channel. I promise to stop by and subscribe. Forgive me for being a bit MIA (missing in action). But I am finally getting back into the groove and trying to catch up with all of my dolly stuff. I look forward to seeing more of your doll crafting! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. If it makes you feel better, I haven't been very active either, and rather focusing on working on stuff behind the scenes than keeping up with social media and blogs. Glad to see you're back!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! (Spam comments will be deleted)

Popular posts from this blog

Retro Review: Barbie Travelin' House playset (1995)

Doll review: Barbie Looks model 12 (curvy)

How to make a doll TV that "works"